- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (prepared according to instructions and baked into sheet cake)
- 1 Large Container of Prepared Chocolate Mousse (or boxed and prepared according to instructions)
- 8 Small Cake Ring Molds/Forms
- 8 Astor Champagne Black Currant Truffles
- 1 Cup Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Purple Sugar Crystals (for garnish)
- Bake chocolate cake into large 1 layer sheet cake and prepare chocolate mousse according to instructions.
- To construct petit fours, use round cookie cutter to cut out cake rounds to create the base. Insert cake rounds into metal ring forms and top with layer of chocolate mousse. Place on tray and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and top with a layer of chocolate fudge and refrigerate for another hour. Once set, remove metal ring molds and place a Champagne truffle on top, garnish with purple sugar crystals and serve.
Chef Hack: Spray metal ring molds with cooking spray before constructing petite fours so layers do not stick when unmolding.
Yields – 8 Servings
Sure to add an elegant touch to all of your